JA in a Day is a special Junior Achievement program delivery method that facilitates the partnership of an elementary school with a business, college or other volunteer group. Like all JA programs, volunteers involved in this program help to educate and inspire youth about free enterprise, business and economics.
JA in a Day is different from other JA programs only in that the entire JA elementary school program is covered in the course of one day in the school. At the end of the school day, the students will have completed all five JA lessons and will have earned their JA certificate. The JA staff will work with the host school and the partnering group of volunteers to organize the date, arrange a school, and train the volunteers.
The following is a sample schedule for a “JA in a Day” program. The times will vary depending on the school’s hours and any allowances for special classes (i.e. art, music) students may have scheduled during the day.
- 8:00 – 8:20 a.m. | Registration and refreshments (sign in at the convening area)
- 8:20 – 8:30 a.m. | Welcome (by school principal)
- 8:30 – 8:40 a.m. | Volunteers escorted to class by students
- 8:30 – Lunch | Complete Lessons 1-3
- Lunch - 2:15 p.m. | Complete Lessons 4, 5
- 2:15 – 2:30 p.m. | Convene for wrap-up
Benefits of JA in A Day Model
- Turnkey Program – Fully Prepared Materials
- High Quality, Nationally Recognized Program
- Full Program is Delivered in One Day
- Interaction with Community
- Role Model and Mentor to Local Youth
- Volunteer Experience
- TeamBuilding for Groups of Participants
- Support of the Junior Achievement Staff
- Volunteer Placement and Training by Junior Achievement Staff
- Assistance in Communication with Teacher